We are looking for an Outreach Officer according to the Terms of Reference below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 7 February 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Special Vacancy notice
Reference: Outreach Officer
Duty Station: Oslo, Norway
Position Title: Outreach Officer
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Contract (G, Full-time 40 hours/week)
Estimated Starting Date: February/March 2018
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, Communication and External Relations and under the overall supervision of The Programme Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of assisted voluntary return and reintegration (AVRR) information to potential applicants in Reception Centers (RCs) and to provide AVRR information to relevant stakeholders through a variety of methods in accordance with the Voluntary Assisted Return Programme (VARP). Additionally, the staff member will work on IOM programmes/projects elements with interrelating dimensions coordinated by the supervisor to reach overall IOM objectives. The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks:
Provide information on AVRR and VARP to potential applicants by conducting information meetings at the Reception Centers (RCs) or during outreach visits in other facilities all over Norway;
Provide individual and group counseling to potential applicants as needed and requested and assist in filling out VARP application forms;
Liaise with RC staff and other relevant stakeholders, authorities and interpreters regarding the organization of the information meetings;
Provide information and training on VARP routines to RC and UDI staff or other relevant stakeholders in the region of assignment by conducting training sessions, having meetings and responding to enquiries;
Liaise with UDI regional offices regarding programme, general progress and further development in the region of appointment;
Coordinate SKYPE video conferences with VARP caseworkers, IOM missions in the country of origin, returnees and RCs;
Develop, monitor and maintain effective and focused communication messages on IOM’s AVRR programme;
Implement activities outlined in the VARP proposal, which may include creating and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, organising seminars and events, as well as organise and assist with partner meetings and workshops and distribute AVRR information material;
Ensure to apply administrative instructions and to ensure timely submission of administration requirements;
Prepare and update reports and statistics and ensure that the statistics are correct and submitted on time;
Undertake extensive duty travel and at times escort assignments if required;
1) Highly structured and detail oriented;
2) Accepts and gives constructive criticism;
3) Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies;
4) Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs;
5) Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended Audience;
6) Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities;
7) Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress;
8) Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts;
9) Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
Education and Experience
1) Successful completion of a Bachelor degree or relevant work experience;
2) Previous experience in working with vulnerable groups;
3) Excellent communication and presenting skills in both English and Norwegian;
4) Good IT skills in standard MS products (Word, Excel, Power Point) as well as Outlook;
5) Diplomacy skills for liaising with stakeholder;
6) Good attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Norwegian.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and application letter in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be informed that IOM Oslo Human Resources will not respond to all inquiries about the application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates. Post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Norway will be eligible for consideration.