On Thursday 19th March 2020, 08:30 - 16:00; Oslo Kongressenter
The Norwegian Cultural Orientation project run by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) implements the integration of resettled refugees into their new host communities in Norway, by preparing host municipalities for the reception of resettled refugees and enhancing refugees’ understanding of their new society, including societal norms and values.
Join us for a one day conference with a selection of speakers and interactive panel discussions where experiences of service providers and recipients will be shared.
The conference is suitable for people working in with migrants and integration issues in municipalities, NGOs, ministries and researchers.
- Lisbeth Fransplass, Director, Department of Integration -Ministry of Education and Research
- Steven Hamilton, Chief of Mission- IOM Norway
- Morten Tjessem, Head of Department, Settlement and Qualification- Norwegian Directorate of Integration and Diversity (IMDi)
- Jobst Kohler, Senior Integration and Migrant Training Specialist, Labour Mobility and Human Development Division- IOM Headquarters
- Borgny Knudsen Tokuanin, Advisor, NAV Lerkendal- Trondheim
- William Kweku Paintsil, Resettlement, Migrant Training and Integration Support Unit- IOM Norway
Panel Conversations include:
- Ensuring smooth integration- How we do it, panel with Aslaug Dammen (Gjerdrum municipality), Rainer Speth (Suldal municipality) and Remziye Tokgur (Oslo City District Frogner)
- Our Integration Journey, panel with a resettled refugee, resettled asylum seeker and and a labour migrant
- From the known to the unknown – Understanding Norwegian society and culture- Panel with Jorge Kristiansen (Sandefjord Frivilligsentral), Anna- Sofie Ekendhal-Dreyer (CARITAS Norway) and Maria Knutsdotter Langås (RedCross Trondheim)
- Vidar Vambheim, Associate Professor, Department of Education- UiT Arctic University of Norway
- Guri Bordal Steien, Professor of Linguistics, Faculty of Education, Department of Humanities- Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
- Hege Aspelund, Senior Adviser, Department of Settlement and Qualification- Norwegian Directorate of Integration and Diversity (IMDi)
Participation is free but places are limited. For more information and registration, please contact:
Tel: +47 23 10 53 21
Mob: +47 463 94 199